How to Look Good in Pictures…
How to Look Good in Pictures
Taking photos is an unavoidable part of our lives now days. Birth, engagements, weddings and many other events in life can be captured in the photos and preserved as memories for whole life.
A lot of us avoid taking pictures for different reasons. Many times people try to pretend in the picture the way they are not in reality. Doing such things make you odd man out in group as all this reflects in your photo.
Hence all of us are required to stop the stupid things we are doing at the time of taking photos.
- Stop copying others: It is necessary to be relaxed, stop thinking and stop becoming cautious about self at the time of taking photograph. Never copy the postures or create faces like others which you might have already seen in some photos. They might not suit you and you will look funny.
- Do not pretend something you are not: Never try to show yourself the way you really are not. Be always simple and natural. If you are not an actor, then it is not expected from you to look like him. Remember, every one has his unique personality and let it shine in natural way.
- Never hate having your pictures because it shows: Most of the times our faces are not photogenic or many of us do not like to face the camera. But you are not alone to think like that in this world. Because of this reason, from last many years you might be having funny or annoying or stupid face in your photo. Now change your way of thinking. Might be before some years if some one has put the arm around your shoulders in the photo it might have looked as it’s weighing you down. You might have seen with annoying face in that photo. I will give you a solution for this. Remember certain things in your life which make you smile, it can be the last good meal you ate or some one special you met recently or might be some funny experience and so on.
- Never get squared up to the camera: While facing the camera, never directly look at the camera, instead look slight above or slight below the camera. The same thing can be applied to the tilt of your head. It is said that the photos of men who slightly tilt their head back and women who slightly tilt their head forward are more attractive.
- Never get nervous and try to leave after single picture: Many of us get tensed thinking about the photographs which may have to see with funny or stupid faces as seen from school times of ourselves. So while taking photos we get nervous. Never be in a hurry to walk away right after the picture is taken. Instead allow the photographer to take a candid photo after the first one was taken.
If you really want to present the best side of the face to get the photograph which can be treasured as a great memory, try to learn your body language, your face and the angles in which you look nice.
- Try to know the natural way you smile. If you are not in a habit to smile, practice it. You can keep away from looking awkward in the photos with a smiling face. It is hard but if practiced in front of the mirror you can easily adapt it. To tell you the secret, it is the first step for any actor or actress to look them selves in the mirror and learn the perfect body language.
- In general, every person’s body is not symmetrical. Hence it is up to you, to decide which side you want to present in the photograph. Try to keep it in mind and present yourself the same way. It is important really to know what suits you the best than what others do.
Share your experience after following these tips.