How to make Pav Bhaji?
How to make Pav Bhaji?
Pav Bhaji is a famous dish of Maharashtra and particularly of Mumbai.
People enjoy eating pav bhaji with family and friends at small parties, on tour or even in restaurants famous for Pav Bhaji.
The real taste of Pav bhaji lies in the Pav Bhaji Masala Powder which is commonly available in the market. But here we will see the method to prepare it at home.
How to make Pav Bhaji Masala Powder?
Pav Bhaji Masala Ingredients and Method
- Black cardomams 5 pieces
- Coriander seeds (Dhania) ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds (Jira) 1/8 cup
- Whole black pepper (Miri)
- Fenel seeds (Saunf) ½ tea spoon
- Whole red dry chilies 10
- One inch pieces of Cinnamon 13 pieces
- Dry Mongo Powder 1 tbspn (Amchur Powder)
Roast all the spices in a pan except Amchur Powder and grind it well after five minutes. This powder can be used even in curries, vegetables and all Indian spicy dishes as per your taste.
Now we will see How to prepare Pav Bhaji?
Ingrediets to prepare Pav Bhaji are always easily available in the market whole year.
- Potatoes ¼ kgs.
- Green Peas 100 gms.
- Cauliflower ½ or Cabage 200 gms.
- Capsicums 2
- Tomatoes 3 big size
- Onions 2
- Turmeric Powder ½ tea spoon
- Chilli Powder ½ tea spoon
- Pav Bhaji Masala Powder 1tbspn
- Dhania ½ tea spoon
- Butter 50 gms
- Garlic paste 2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves 1 tbspn (Chop Finely)
Method to Prepare Pav Bhaji
(It’s really easy and I enjoy the aroma of spices while preparing it.)
- Cut all the vegetables into pieces except potatoes and peas.
- Pressure cook vegetables, potatoes and peas. (Do not cook capsicum)
- Peel and mash the potatoes and keep aside.
- Cut onion and tomatoes finely
- Heat butter in shallow pan, fry the onions and garlic paste.
- Add tomatoes and Chopped Capsicum, fry till it is mashed properly.
- Add mashed potatoes, other cooked vegetables, salt, Pav bhaji masala powder and all little water.
- Cook and mash it while boiling.
- When the mashed gravy becomes hard thick, add a blob of butter.
- Sprinkle chopped onion and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with buttered Pav Bread with lemon pieces.
- Cut bun horizontally into half.
- Put butter on tawa and shallow fry pav on it.
Your Pav Bhaji is ready to serve. Serve it with onion pieces.